Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack !!



Not a bad comeback at all. I was able to ride 11.7 miles without passing out or puking, as a matter of fact the second half hour was way better than the first as I sort of found a rhythm pretty quickly.

It was quite a good morning, although many people who had expressed an interest in joining us on our walk/run/cycling journey abandoned us when it came time to head out. I know that getting up at 5am is not the easiest thing to do, but damn.......... Antoinette and the kids got up and got ready to join me for fun.

I went off for my ride while they along with an Aunt of hers went walking. The journey out was choppy as I got used to the tough seat and also pacing myself so I didnt get too tired too quickly. As I said before the ride back was better than the ride out, but it was really great getting back on the road. I will make sure that I dont stop for any extended period again as starting back is really hard, plus I can only imagine how far along I would be if I had not stopped.

Antoinette and the kids had fun, although Shari found the distance a bit tiring and Auntie Carol ended up out-walking all of them.

Next Saturday for another ride/run/walk for the family


..................................
January 2, 2011

Miles Ridden - 11.7 miles

Target for month - 50 miles

Miles Needed to achieve target - 38.3 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment