Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Fought the Wind and WON !!




This morning was hell, but I fought the rain and the breeze and I won !
My routine is taking shape. Walking 3 days during the week and cycling 2 days on the weekend. It might not always go according to plan but I have to make sure that I get minimum 3 days of aerobic workout per week.

I've already posted about my Monday evening walk, on Wednesday we upped the ante by doing 10 laps of the football field before heading back home. I didnt push the pace as I still had the small blister from Monday. Andre enjoyed it though and texted me to say he felt very energetic the next morning. Friday evening didnt happen as Andre was out of town working and couldnt make it back in time, and I was very distracted with the T20 match on tv.

Missing Friday evening convinced me to head out Saturday morning for a make up. Normally I would be up and out before 6am but the warm bed and wifey felt so good, so I left an hour later. It was overcast so I figured I could do 24 miles easily..........
NOT SO !!!






On the way back on my first ride, the wind kicked up fierecely and I knew that rain was close by as it got chilly very quickly. Half way back it started pelting. Normally I would struggle against heavy wind but since coming back I have been getting into a decent rhythm, pedalling more, coasting less, feeling much better. This morning I just powered through and made it back to the car, exhausted but ok.

The wind kicked the shit out of me though and I really didnt feel like going back out, I was soaking wet and cold, but that didnt stop me from picking up apples, bananas, some cashew and trail mix for the house and a nice piece of jack fruit for Antoinette. On second inspection the jack fruit looks a bit young, hope its edible.





I am determined to get as much refined crap as possible out of my diet, the refined crap that will still have to be consumed will be controlled - STARTING RIGHT NOW WITH PEPSI COLA ! Sodas are now a thing of the past, I have to get my sugar intake down and stopping soda with all the carbon and caffine and God knows what else is a good way to start. Cashews, peanuts, hazel nuts, trail mix, etc. are what will keep me company during the days, now I will just have to find a way to buy in larger packages for a better price (I wonder if Pricesmart has cashews ?)

Walking again Monday evening

--------------------------------------
January 22, 2011

Miles Today - 11.7

Miles Ridden MTD - 51.4

Target for the Month - 75 (revised up from 50)

Miles Needed for Target - 23.6

2 comments:

  1. This is just great! Against all odds.
    One piece of advice. Ease up off the trail mix. Hidden sugar from the raisins and cranberries. Yes, the aim is to reduce added sugar from our diets, but sugar is sugar, and if we eat too many foods with natural sugar...it's still sugar in our bodies. Dr Oz's show on Thursday was about sugar being the number 1 food enemy. My doctor told me this years ago and I didnt pay her any mind. Now that I have started to reduce the sugar, there has been a marked difference in my weight and appearance. Not Kerron Stewart yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the sugars that occur naturally in foods. Even if u go totally vegetarian/fruits you will still get more than enough sugars. Am more looking for unsalted peanuts/cashew/hazel nuts to munch on during the day.

    Right now I have a slight headache which might be because I am dehydrated, so I'm drinking water, I need to also cut out Excedrin which is something I take too often

    ReplyDelete