Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back with a Bang !!




Apparently nothing motivates more to lose weight than losing weight. Nothing gives you more energy than positive results, if you don't set a high targets then you results will be mediocre.

In my last 2 posts I talked about losing 10lbs over the past 8 weeks and the extra work that I had put into my riding, I was riding more days, going at it harder and longer. I had also adjusted my eating habits slightly, cutting down on rice and flour, consuming more complex carbs, stop eating before I am full, etc. but I still had the Pepsi habit.

Well the Pepsi habit is no more, I have been off it for the past week and I don't miss it. I have been drinking a lot more water and a product here call Cran-water - bottled water with Cranberry added. The best thing about Cran-water is that it has half the sugar of Pepsi and is not carbonated and not as addictive.

This morning was a 25 miles trek along my regular route by myself. Most times I prefer riding by myself as I can concentrate totally on my ride without being distracted with conversations. I am not anti-social but sometimes its hard riding and trying to keep up a conversation. Occasionally though, riding with a partner motivates you to continue even after you feel like you must stop or die.

This morning I felt good, I was rode at an average of 12.5 miles, which might seem slow to some of you, but for me is quick enough. I am not training to be a racer, I am riding to lose weight, so I concentrate on keeping form, breathing deeply and to keep soldering on. I also rode in a higher gear which made the pedalling more difficult but with less rotations.

At the end I felt good not wasted as usual, and that is probably a good sign that my body has adjusted reasonably well to 25 miles. I went for a quick 30 minutes walk after-wards as this guy I known suggested just as I was finishing that a brisk walk would be good just to mix things up.

Good start to March, on Tuesday and Thursday morning I will try to do a 5 miles quickie to Golden Spring and back.

March 6, 2010

Miles Ridden Today - 25

Miles Ridden MTD - 25

Target for March- 100 miles

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching your blog for a while and have seen your stuff on BF, it looks like yopur milage is moving up quite nicely. Keep up the good work.
    Skinnychicken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Skinny

    I am concentrating on riding more often, most times I only get in once per week, on a Saturday. Now I am trying to move that up to 3 times a week - long distance on Saturday and quickie 5-10 milers in the week.

    Also I am concentrating on upping the intensity before moving on to 30 and beyond

    ReplyDelete