Saturday, February 27, 2010

No Riding this weekend




I really wanted to ride this morning, I wanted to celebrate my losing a whopping 10lbs over the past 8 weeks by hitting the road and powering my way to 25 miles and for the first time ride in excess of 60 miles for a month, alas this was not to be.

On Tuesday night I went to bed and started watching tv in an unusual position, resting on my left shoulder. My better half wasn't feeling well and she was taking up half the bed and I couldn''t bring myself to move her as she looked very comfortable. Long and short is I fell asleep in that position and woke up 6 hours later with a searing pain in my left shoulder (cuff? ) I couldn't raise my arm to even put an a shirt.

I tried relaxing all week, applied some stuff that I found in a drawer and just prayed that my arm would feel better by Saturday morning, but that was not to be. My arm would not extend properly to hold the handle bars without aching painfully, much less gripping while riding and putting part of my body weight on it..

Very very disappointed, but this evening I feel the pain easing somewhat. If it continues I will drag my ass out of bed on Tuesday and Thursday morning a do some quickie runs to Golden Spring and then plan for a real 25 to 30 miler for next Saturday.



--------------------------------

February 2010

Miles Ridden Today - 0
Miles Walked MTD - 5

Miles Ridden MTD - 55.5

Target for February - 60-75 miles



Target for March 2010 - 75 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment