Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Heat is On !!

Did 23.5 miles today.

I really wanted to try for 30 miles, but my riding partners upped the pace on me this morning and I was exhausted after 23.5 miles.

I didnt drive this morning, I had my better half drop me off and the intention was to ride 23.5 miles and then the rest from the route back to my mother-in-law, but the guys were really feeling their oats this morning and set a serious pace. I remembered last weeks lesson and concentrated on breathing but it was still harder completing the route.

At 8:30am we called it quits, the sun was really pelting and it felt like July or August. Wayne had to go off to the hospital as his Uncle had been admitted suffering from a heart attack, and he thought I looked pretty bushed and was reluctant to leave me there, so I just barely nodded as he loaded up the bikes.

I fell asleep as soon as I sat down at my mother-in-laws and got up an hour later with a fierce neck ache (from sleeping in a chair in the living room).

I think 25 miles will be the limit for the next month, although I will be striving for 30. I probably need to start out another 20 or so minutes earlier in the mornings as the dawn is coming up earlier now than in November and December. By about May to June it should be light out by 5:30am, by then I will be hoping to outfit the bike with bright lights so I can ride before sunrise.

--------------------------------
February 2010

Miles Ridden Today - 23.5
Miles Walked MTD - 5

Miles Ridden MTD - 55.5

Target for February - 60-75 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment