Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quickie 5 Miles to Golden Spring



Need to ride more often.

Although I have lost weight riding one day per week - Saturdays and watching what I eat, if I can get myself up to 3 times per week and keep off the Pepsi Cola I should shed lbs more quickly.

Its not easy motivating yourself to ride up here in Temple Hall as the road is narrow and busy. On Ash Wednesday a couple weeks ago I rode to Golden Spring and back and it was a good ride. I have been riding for 20 plus miles in Kingston on a relatively flat road, but the slope up to Golden Spring is very challenging and is exactly what I need, so this evening I came in a little early and just got into my padded shorts, grabbed a bottle of water and off I went.

Back and forth at an average of 15MPH, it was grueling going and fun coming back. I know I probably did 6 miles as I rode an extra mile to the gas station to cool off, but for my recording purposes I will cap it at 5.

I feel good and will try to do another run tomorrow and take Friday off in anticipation of a 25 miler on Saturday. I have included a couple of pictures so you all can see how narrow the road is.

--------------------------------
March 10, 2010

Miles Ridden Today - 5

Miles Ridden MTD - 30

Target for March - 100 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment