Friday, April 2, 2010

Breaking that 25 miles barrier

On February 13th I broke the 12 miles barrier and left it behind when I rode 25 miles. Today April 2, 2010 I broke the 25 miles barrier and took it to 35 miles. It was not easy and left me exhausted but I was so elated at the accomplishment.

I have issues that have prevented me from riding every Saturday and I am not going to sweat it, I am going to keep plugging away as often as I can and enjoy myself. We are on the first day of 4 days off from work, its the Easter weekend here in Jamaica and I am going to try to get 4 days of riding in and hopefully complete 100 miles for the weekend, something I have not been able to accomplish over a one month period.

I started earlier this morning as with the approaching summer the mornings are a little bit earlier and the sun a hell of a lot more hotter. My first circuit (12 miles) was a bit of a struggle, but the next 12 miles was easy, by the time I started tackling the last stretch the sun was scorching and I was glad I had carried extra water.

The road was nice and quiet as most people seemed to be sleeping late today and only 2 other cyclists showed up, I had to stop on the last stretch to help someone who had gotten a flat. He had a brand new tyre on and it looked like it had a hole and somebody had stitched it, he was not amused as he couldnt get in his miles and with today being a public holiday he cannot get the tyre replaced until tomorrow, so he cant do his regular Saturday morning run. I had to ride on the last 2 miles to get his car for him.

April is off to a good start and I am hoping to do another 35 miler tomorrow as Wayne had already planned that for us. If I can keep this up I will get to my goal off riding 100 miles in just 4 days.

--------------------------------
April 2, 2010

Miles Ridden Today - 35

Miles Ridden MTD - 35

Target for March - 150 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment