Thursday, April 8, 2010

Really trying to get into week day riding

Its hard to motivate myself to do it during the week, especially when I am under work pressure, but I know if I dont increase my workload then I will stall my weight loss initiative.

This morning was crazy, I left out hoping to get at least 25 miles in and could only manage 11.7. The wind was blustery and I had to take a break when my heart started pounding from the exertion. My Doctor has suggested that I get a heart monitor and try to remain within 80% of my maximum heart rate. Apparent you maximum heart rate is 220-your age and staying with 80% of that number.

I am 40, so my maximum heart rate is 220-40= 180. I need to stay within a maximum of 144 heart beats per minute to keep my heart from pounding, having me break out into cold sweats wondering if I am having a freaking heart attack.

Rest day tomorrow and then an attempt at 35 miles on Saturday. I hope the breeze has died down by then.

--------------------------------
April 8, 2010

Miles Ridden Today - 11.7

Miles Ridden MTD - 46.7

Target for March - 150 miles

Needed for target - 103.3

No comments:

Post a Comment