Friday, April 23, 2010

Kingston to Negril 2010 Ride is On



I am not going anywhere near this, despite my post late last year that I would.

The Kingston to Negril run have riders going through Bog Walk George up to an estimated elevation of 1,650 feet to Moneague and then down to sea level into Ocho Rios, trekking along the north coast through Discovery Bay, Flamouth, Montego Bay and on into Negril. 140 miles, that is like a 5 1/2 hours driving at decent speed, much less on a bloody bike. Wasnt it last year it was along the south coast ?

I have been chugging along doing 35 miles on my best days and need to sort out a few things on my bike, like changing the seat to a more comfortable one but right now other things take priority. Last week I didnt get in any riding as it was rainy and I ended up spending the day with my better half and the guys from school finishing off an assignment. I am now free of school and am going to really try to get my ride time per week up.

This weekend will also be a tight one, but I am determined to get a good workout tomorrow. 35 miles is the target and I am going to work my butt off with the intention of riding a 100 miles trip before the end of 2010.

The home page for registration for the Kingston to Negril ride is http://www.jamaicabybike.com/

Check em out

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dale, I' right there with you man! I am at about your same fitness level from what I've been seeing, I just rode my personal best at 30 miles today and have the same goal of a century by the end if the year. Keep up the blog I check it all the time it's kinda motivating to see if I can keep up with you! Happy riding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey

    Thanks for responding. Blogging seems to be on its way out with Facebook being so popular, so sometimes I wonder if anybody's reading it anymore.

    I have a few problems that is keeping me from really going all out. I changed my job recently and that had put me on the backfoot re: finances, so a lot of the time I am busy trying to catch up when I should be riding.

    Fortunately within another month or 2 I will have broken the back of problems and will be back on par and will be able to concentrate seriously on my riding. Then I will be able to get 150-200 miles in for the month. Additionally I want to set up a couple of dumbells and an incline bench at home so I can cross train. All that is still a couple months off, after I deal with my outstanding issues.

    ReplyDelete