Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Enjoying the break and putting in more miles



As I intimated in my last post I need to make major changes in my life and maybe the first one is the job, so I did it, I resigned.

..........and I feel good. I loved my job, I was dedicated to it and gave my all, but over the past 12 months I had become dissatisfied and knew that eventually something would have to give. I gave notice and was told that notice wasnt necessary, so I have a 3 week vacation before starting my new job.

This morning I decided to hit the road again, with so many days free it is entirely possible to do 100 miles for the month, so that is my target. I drove down to my regular spot this morning and did 11.7 miles. My wife surprisingly accompanied me and went off in the other direction for a brisk morning walk and we met up back at the car about an hour later. The ride out was good, but back in was a struggle as usual. I am sure my seat and handle bars need adjusting as I get an ache in my lower back after about 40 minutes and will need to address that by weekend. I enjoyed having my wife along although she's insistent that she will not be riding a bicycle, the thought of cars and buses passing her while she's riding terrifies her.

She will be up at 6am tomorrow to do a brisk 2 mile walk and I will be joining her, the more exercise I get in the better for me. My next ride is Saturday at which time I will try for 15-20 miles.

------------------------------
January 6, 2010

Miles ridden today - 11.7 miles

Miles ridden MTD - 32.7 miles

Target for month - 100

Miles to be completed - 67.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment