Wednesday, January 20, 2010

12 more days before its back to the daily Grind



I have been on vacation since the 3'd of January. I decided late last year that despite all the important issues that are demanding immediate attention in my life, I needed to make certain lifestyle changes that would ensure that I live beyond the age of 4o, and the main one was to eliminate stress. I loved my job and the career path but I also know it is important to balance my work life with personal time, hence the change. I just signed my contract with my new employer and come February 1st will be off on a new adventure.


One of the advantages of having 3-4 weeks of down-time is that it makes you think a lot, and I been thinking of various ways I can go into business for myself. While brainstorming over the past few days I hit up on an idea and after consultation with a couple of my friends, we have decided to take the plunge. We all work full-time and the business will demand very little in the way of Capital to start up but we think it has enormous potential and will meet on the weekend to finalize everything. This will have little or no effect on my main job as the other partners in this venture will be available to help guide and grow the company.

Being on vacation also gives me a lot of time to catch up on my reading and movies and also comic books. I havent been buying for the past 8 or so months but I still read a lot inline and look at pretty pictures.
Today I ran across someone who had uploaded pages upon pages of DC Style Guide artwork of Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and I just had to share it with you all. Why would any of be interested in this ? well if you have ever bought your son, nephew or cousins Batman or Superman PJs or Wonder Woman t-shirt for your daught or neice or Super Friends bedsheets then you alreay know his art. JL's art has been used on millions of licenced products world-wide.


JL is a Spanish born Argentine artist who lives in the US and works for DC Comics. He has been acknowledged by many of his peers as a master draftsman and is admired by millions of fans worldwide. I consider him my favourite Superman artist and have yet to see any work from him that I dislike.

Its my hobby and I am excited to discover these pages, and I am determined to own a copy of DC Style Guide in the future (the cost be damned)

I did not ride this weekend, for some strange reason I woke up with a pretty bad headache and my wife felt so nice and warm and cozy that I just couldnt resist snuggling back into her arms. I also have the constraint of having to watch my money as I have another month or so before I get paid plus I have to attend classes on Sunday. I will be making a real effort this weekend to hit the road.

All characters in this post are the copyright of DC Comics Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment