Sunday, May 3, 2009

No use procrastinating - It starts now


No more excuses - No time, too busy with work, too busy with school, too tired, yadda yadda yadda.


The big 40 beckons August 7 and I took a picture recently at school and the size of my gut was depressing.
I have always been conscious of my weight but never really done anything about it over any period of time. I have joined the gym on and off over the years and find that once I get past the painful first few days I actually enjoy working work, getting sweaty and feeling my arms and chest pumped, but invariably work and personal stuff encoaches, finances might get a little strained and the gym is usually the first casualty.
I read a lot, I have all this accumulated knowledge on training, weight lifting, aerobics, nutrition and I have done nothing about it and that has to change or I will be a "diabetic heart attack" just waiting to happen at 50.


I am starting and will chronicle my advances here weekly at first and then more often as I proceed. Right now I am 6', 245lbs with a huge waiste.


The target is to get down to 190lbs by August 2010.


I have every intention of achieving that target before August 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment