Sunday, October 2, 2011

Challenging Myself

I have thrown out a challenge and it has been taken up with glee, so I better make sure it doesn't cost me much.

Recently while at Dunns River Falls in beautiful Ocho Rios, I jokingly challenged my wife's Uncle to a contest where I would lose weight in 6 months faster than him. He accepted especially when I said "I bet you ........." Well the bet is J$ 10,000 for the person that loses the most weight over 6 months.

I am currently 240, he's 190 but I am probably 5 or 6 inches taller. So it looks like getting down to as close to 200 for me an as close to 150 for him. One thing I didn't count on was that he's more active than me and also loves a challenge and wont back down. My wife came home last week to tell me that he's putting in a lot of time on his exercise bike and has adjusted his diet already...... YIKES !!!!!!

My first step is to eliminate as much Pepsi as possible from my diet. On a normal day while working on the road I will consume 2 or 3 500ml bottles, so I have purchased a little cooler and now carry 3 bottles of 500ml water with me. I do indulge 1 a day but am about to do away with that. I have also eliminated patties which contain a lot of oil and fat, and cut down drastically on refined carbs.

I needed to find a way to up my cardio workout, which has been non-existent over the past 6 months, so I got a small exercise bicycle set up at home and I will ride that twice per day during the weekdays and get out on the road on a Saturday or Sunday. I will also be adding some resistance training to my daily workout.

Wish me luck, cuss me out of I fall off and look for updates every 2 weeks or so


---------------------------------
October 1, 2011

Weight - 240lbs

Target - March 31, 2012

Weight - 200lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment