Saturday, November 21, 2009

Port Royal - Here I come again !

Ye Old Bar - Port Royal, Jamaica

Back in the saddle again.

Went out today and did 12.3 miles, the same distance I did 3 weeks ago before getting sick.

The morning started out routinely, up at a little after 4:30am for a cup of tea and some crackers, getting ready and out the door at about 5:15am for the drive into Kingston. For some strange reason I couldn't get through to Wilson, normally I would hear from him early.

Arrived at 6:15am and got ready right away and hit the road all by myself. As usual while riding by myself I found that I was pushing myself harder than usual, no problem I thought, if I get tired I will just lower the pace and try to catch my breath, and that is exactly what I did, steady pace into Port Royal. I was very surprised that I had reached there so quickly and took only 5 minutes to get a drink and massage Robbie and the twins back to life.



Betsy parked accross the road from
Ye Old Bar

The journey back was a little more difficult as I continued pushing myself a little faster than usual and the last mile to the car really did me in, but I stuck it out like a Champ. There were a lot of people on the road today as there was a Walk-a-ton in progress, they didn't travel along the Port Royal road so they didn't really get in my way until I was driving back home. It was wonderful seeing dozens of people walking aggressively in the hot sun working up a sweat.

I felt good today, I didn't ride further than I did 3 weeks ago but I know I did it at a faster pace than before and most importantly I didn't have Wilson there pushing me, I did it all on my own.

-------------------------
November 2009

Last Ride - 12.3 miles

Total Ride for the Month - 12.3 miles

Target miles for November - 60 miles

2 comments:

  1. Good job, I should follow your example xD
    I am starting to lose weight but it's because of eating less, not exercising. Maybe if I had a car to move freely too I could do what you do xD

    Ps-Betsy looks good, very theifable xDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating less helps, eating properly helps even more, and adding exercise to the whole shebang really really works

    ReplyDelete